Temecula Valley Pop Warner Players to be Recognized for Scholastic Achievement
TEMECULA, CA - Pop Warner is the only youth sports organization that requires scholastic achievement to participate. Starting with Pop Warner national, every region, conference, local community, and participant is held to high standard both on and off the field. At every level, Pop Warner programs seek to develop well-rounded young men and women who learn not only the fundamentals of football, cheerleading, and dance but also the importance of education in an atmosphere conducive to developing sound character while having a good time.
Each year, the most academically accomplished Pop Warner kids compete for Academic All-American status. This process begins at the association level and up through each of the eight Pop Warner regions to the national level.
The Pop Warner All-American Program requires a minimum 96% grade point average to apply. After the applications have been processed, Pop Warner determines National First Team All-Americans (35 football, 35 cheer per grade), National Second Team All-Americans and National Honorable Mention Scholars.
2016-2017 TEMECULA VALLEY POP WARNER ALL-AMERICAN SCHOLARS
Temecula Valley Pop Warner is proud to announce the following football and cheer participants have achieved All-American honors in the Pop Warner scholars program.
Brock Forbes - 5th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
Samuel Horng - 5th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
Wyatt Toth - 5th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
Lilla Landsberger - 6th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
Sean Givens - 6th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
Aiden Herring - 6th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
Owen Harney - 7th grade, All-American honorable mention
Michael Landsberger - 7th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
Orren Traver - 7th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
Broderick Toth - 8th grade, 2nd team All-American honors
ALL-AMERICAN SELECTION PROCESS:
- A final score is calculated for each student that consists of up to 100 points (85%) for the student's grades for the prior school year, along with up to 18 points (15%) awarded for activities and achievements.
- Once the scores have been calculated, First Team All-Americans are selected. The top 35 football players and 35 cheerleaders per grade (plus ties) are selected as National First Team All-Americans.
- Second Team All-Americans are then determined by Pop Warner based upon the number of applications that were submitted for that year. Last year's total was approximately 6,000 Second Team All-Americans.
NOTIFICATION AND RECOGNITION
Pop Warner announced its annual Scholar All-Americans via the Pop Warner website. Each scholar will receive an informational packet in the mail that includes:
- Congratulatory letter from Pop Warner indicating their scholastic accomplishment.
- Certificate of achievement for National All-Americans.
- Information regarding the Pop Warner National All-American Banquet.
Palomar Conference is also hosting a banquet at the California Center for the Arts in Escondido, CA on June 25 to recognize Palomar Conference All-American award recipients.
2017 Little Scholars Banquet at the California Center for the Arts
Date: June 25, 2017
Time: 4pm - 8pm
Address: 340 North Escondido Boulevard, Escondido, CA 92025
Congratulations to these young men and women for outstanding academic achievement!